Praised by many for its classic simplicity and comfort, the Nike Blazer Low N7 now celebrates the proud history of Native communities and Indigenous peoples in North America. The raised haptic graphic is inspired by gifts Kyrie Irving received during his naming ceremony and honors the vibrant patterns of certain Native artworks. A large retro Swoosh logo and padded, low-cut collar echo the original hoops icon.
Since 2009, N7 has provided financial support to youth sports programs for Native American and Aboriginal communities. The ultimate goal of Nike N7 is to give young people the skills and experiences they need to be a force for positive change in their communities.
Behind the Design
Honoring the generosity and respect inherent to Indigenous communities, the vibrant graphic on the upper celebrates Native artwork. It nods to the quilts and medallions gifted to recipients during naming ceremonies.
Taking inspiration from the beaded medallions of certain Native Americans and Indigenous peoples, the haptic graphic creates a 3-dimensional effect that adds depth and texture. Created by hand, these medallions are received with a great deal of respect for the amount of time and energy it takes to create them.
For the perfect throwback touch, the durable canvas and soft suedes on the upper echo the iconic hoops shoe from the '70s.
- Originally designed for performance hoops, the durable construction, tough stitching and easy-entry lacing offers comfort that lasts.
- Low-cut, padded collar creates a sleek look that feels great.
- Vulcanized construction fuses the outsole to the midsole for a streamlined construction.
- The solid rubber sole with herringbone pattern adds traction and heritage styling.
- N7 logo on sock liner
- Woven N7 tongue label
- Nike Grind rubber in outsole
- Shown: Black/Citron Pulse/Black
- Style: DA1347-001