NEXT STOP: LEGENDARY STATUS.
Does the blue and green of the Max Air unit look familiar? Text bubbles meet the swiftness of Air in the Nike Air Max 97, the fast-paced running icon that now meets modern communication. Add in the Airmoji patches to convey your feelings for the day. Message received.
- Leather and synthetic fabric on the upper keep the fluid look of the original while adding comfort and durability.
- Hook-and-loop Airmoji patches let you mix up your style and announce to the world how you're feeling.
- Originally designed for performance running, the full-length Max Air unit adds soft, lasting comfort.
- The hidden lacing system, a first of its kind in the '90s, allows for a streamlined look.
- Foam midsole feels springy and cushy.
- Rubber sole adds traction and durability.
- Foam insole
- Pull tab
- Shown: White/Black/Signal Blue/Court Purple
- Style: DD9598-100
Nike Air Max Origins
Revolutionary Air technology first made its way into Nike footwear in 1978. In 1987, the Air Max 1 debuted with visible Air technology in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air cushioning-suddenly they could see it. Since then, next-generation Air Max shoes have become a hit with athletes and collectors by offering striking color combinations and reliable, lightweight cushioning.